Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Go Lean in the Pumpkin Season 2012!


 
The aroma of Pumpkin Spice is in the air. I was waiting for the Pumpkin Season to start from July already! I have never been to USA during fall. So I was expecting a lot! There are “Pumpkin” and “Apple” specials everywhere. My favorite delight is Pumpkin Spice Latte. I can drink it every day! Once I wondered of how healthy Pumpkin Lattes are. I compared the nutrition information of Pumpkin Spice Latte in Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and 7 eleven. The comparison table is below.  

Nutrition in Pumpkin Spice Latte (16 oz.)

 
Starbucks
Dunkin Donuts
7 eleven
Calories
330
330
216
Fat
14
9
0
Carb
40
51
41
Protein
11
11
13

 

It can seem strange, but I prefer to buy Pumpkin Spice Latte in 7 eleven. The taste is smoother and spicier. The price is a way better as well - just $1.05 for 12 oz. To make the beverage healthier I mix regular coffee with Pumpkin Spice Latte. That’s how I make my Latte 2 times less “heavy” in calories.

Also I really like pumpkin cakes! As soon as I found out that Pumpkin Muffin in Dunkin Donuts is 550 cal.  I decided to make an alternative healthier variant by myself. So I bought all necessary products and easily made my own tasty delight. The nutrition of my muffins is 64 cal. in 100 gr. I enjoy that fact and can eat my pumpkin muffins without any regret!

I made a short video with a recipe of these muffins. I put some necessary advices how to stay fit in this tasty season as well!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment